Get-Twisted317
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get-Twisted317

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Play Now  

GetTwisted - A Remake

Go down 
+3
Js
YouDontKnowMe
Steel Titan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Steel Titan
Super Donator
Super Donator
Steel Titan

Twisted Points : 18773
Twisted Reputation : 0

GetTwisted - A Remake Empty
PostSubject: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:57 am

This idea was founded my me and Slade; and we as well as others, strongly support the addition of a new home, that focuses on PKING, as well as maintaining the eco and skilling side of the server.

GetTwisted - A Remake IdeaComment1_zps74eef617

The proposed change would make Castle Wars the new home, and spawn area. There is plenty of rooms for shops, stalls, banks, teleports, and altars. This location should be chosen because it has nice scenery, and has a good set up for the new PKING.

Concern: (ECONOMY) I'm addressing this issue as it was one of logans concerns. However, the server will remain an ECO, as skilling and monsters will be kept, and the PK shop, will only have items such as Korasai, D Claws, Bandos, and what not. This will create a Even balance between Eco and PK as players will be motivated to do both, and it will give something for players that are all ready wealthy, to do.

GetTwisted - A Remake Dpk1_zpsa4c06e86

As soon as you cross the bridge leaving castle wars, you will be in a PKING zone that allows you to attack anyone 15 levels lower or higher than you.

GetTwisted - A Remake Dpk2_zpsb1ead7a7

There will also be a safe pk zone, that you can fight in and earn pkp in; which will be located across the side door.

GetTwisted - A Remake SafePk_zpsc95e10f1

We feel this change would bring several players, because it would have something for everyone. We also believe that each player should spawn with at least full barrows, a whip, fury, dragon boots, and a DDS; this is to promote people to get out and PK.

Another thing added, would be the PK countdown timer, to add excitement into PKING. Also, players should be able to do ::veng and ::barrage so that they can get the runes needed. However, ALL FCing will result in a jail.

Also, PK Titles and kill streaks should be added, so whenever you get to 50 kills, you would get a new title. Also, as your kill streak goes up, you get more pkp per kill.

Thank you for reading,
Steel Titan + Slade
Back to top Go down
Steel Titan
Super Donator
Super Donator
Steel Titan

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:58 am

Reserved.
Back to top Go down
YouDontKnowMe
Barrows User
Barrows User
YouDontKnowMe

Twisted Points : 18808
Twisted Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 11:46 am

I think an update like this should wait. The server is far too small to be focusing on things like pking.

Edgeville pk is good enough.
There are more and bigger things to be fixed, added, whatever else.
Hence items going where they aren't supposed to, a fixed eco (eco now sucks and server won't last long with the eco like this).

And going by what all the new players tell me when they join, they come to do skilling.

If you were to add this update, you'd have to reset the entire community, since most of the players already have prod gear.

I say no.
Back to top Go down
Steel Titan
Super Donator
Super Donator
Steel Titan

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 11:56 am

GetTwisted - A Remake Baileycomment_zps001481f3

I want to quote what you said "The server is far too small", that's exactly right. That is why this change needs to happen. We don't have enough people, because a large majority want pking added. And edgeville is terrible as it gives no incentives to go pk.

Also, Skilling and Boss killing, will all stay the same. So there is no reason skillers should stop enjoying the skilling and competing for high scores..

You also wouldn't need to reset it, as most players currently do not have prod gear. Currently online, I believe I'm one of the only 3 to have nexus gear.

Also, the current ECO does not suck at all, it would thrive from more players.
Back to top Go down
YouDontKnowMe
Barrows User
Barrows User
YouDontKnowMe

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:09 pm

First off, i don't see how castle wars and edgeville are any different. Just because the zone would be in castlewars, doesn't make it anymore appealing. Howeer, a castlewars minigame, with different rewards, would be.

Secondly, you are one of about 10-15 people with nex gear. There is a lot more than you think.

Third, the eco is garbage. I've had to say adios to so many people, because of the eco alone.
Especially when they ask me the price of nex gear/primal. 10-15b per piece. that's ridiculous. for 5b for ags and whip? 5b spirit shield? 5b steads? 5-10b for chaotic/primal weapon? Gives no incentive on making any money, because most people aren't used to that.

Fouth, I have not seen a single person bring up pking. Not once.

In order to bring out a special pking area, you need a bigger player base.
Sure, players might come try it out. But no one here pks. Therefore, adding a "special pk zone" would be a waste of time, that could be used to code something in that is actually important.
Back to top Go down
Steel Titan
Super Donator
Super Donator
Steel Titan

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:51 pm

osiarus wrote:
First off, i don't see how castle wars and edgeville are any different. Just because the zone would be in castlewars, doesn't make it anymore appealing. Howeer, a castlewars minigame, with different rewards, would be.[/qoute]

Castle wars would be more open if placed at home, so this goes with my idea perfectly.

[quote+"osiarus"]Secondly, you are one of about 10-15 people with nex gear. There is a lot more than you think.

You may or may not be right on this, I currently only know of 2 other people.

osiarus wrote:
Third, the eco is garbage. I've had to say adios to so many people, because of the eco alone. Especially when they ask me the price of nex gear/primal. 10-15b per piece. that's ridiculous. for 5b for ags and whip? 5b spirit shield? 5b steads? 5-10b for chaotic/primal weapon? Gives no incentive on making any money, because most people aren't used to that.

The eco is fine. The price guide for it is wrong and has been agreed that it needs to be deleted.

Osiarus wrote:
Fouth, I have not seen a single person bring up pking. Not once.

In order to bring out a special pking area, you need a bigger player base.
Sure, players might come try it out. But no one here pks. Therefore, adding a "special pk zone" would be a waste of time, that could be used to code something in that is actually important.

We won't get a bigger player base as is, because of the fact no one pks. No one pks because it's in a teleport and no one goes because no ones out there. If people were allready near the wildy, they'd more than likely go out there.
Back to top Go down
YouDontKnowMe
Barrows User
Barrows User
YouDontKnowMe

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:43 pm

So what's the difference in where pking is located?
The fact remains that no one one here pks. If they did, then they'd be pking in edge.
Which no one does.
Back to top Go down
Steel Titan
Super Donator
Super Donator
Steel Titan

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 3:56 pm

The fact remains, that theres hardly anyone to pk, which is why an update would do great. Also closer pking to home, gives players more of a want to pk.
Back to top Go down
Js
Adamant User
Adamant User
Js

Twisted Points : 18860
Twisted Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:42 pm

The location of the pking area does have an effect on the amount of pking on this server. Home is where everyone comes to, and chills at. If you get bored, you can just go take a few fun deathmatches with someone without too much effort. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but people are lazy and the pk place being at home would lower the bar of going to fight for glory. However, current active players don't seem to be too eager to pk - no requests in yell (funpk or normal), so this wouldn't change the situation too much. Only a few people would go there every now and then.

Like osiarus said, this update is still too big for us. We have smaller and easier updates (requested by many) that we need to get done before we go into these. The idea is good, I just think it came too early.

The economy itself isn't garbage, the amount of money they are worth is. Everything is basically multiplied by 100. Money is too easy to make which caused the inflation. People prefer to trade items for items instead of cash. Also we don't have any valuable drops (that aren't in the shops), other than nex items (which are extremely hard to obtain). So they skyrise, making them really hard to buy from players.

What we really need for a bigger player base is more rare drops from monsters, or just removing some items from shops so people would have to buy them from other players (+eco reset). It's a solo-scape at the moment.

Pk points is a good idea, as long as it has a counter-farming script.

For short:
We need to fix current flaws before we go build anything bigger. If you keep adding floors to a tower that has a weak base, it will fall.
Back to top Go down
Slade
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
Slade

Twisted Points : 18942

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 2:54 am

i can ensure all of you this will make the server way more better then it currently is.
It brings in the pking aspect of the server which all of you will 100% enjoy
Back to top Go down
whack
Super Donator
Super Donator
whack

Twisted Points : 18867

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:39 am

I agree with this, it would be a great new remake and would give the players the pking aspect that we all know and love.
Back to top Go down
Logan
GetTwisted Owner
GetTwisted Owner

Twisted Points : 19031

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:04 pm

I really like this idea, however as i've said before i need to fix a few more things, build the player base a little before implementing a huge update like this. Also, as for the economy. I made up those prices when 0 people were on, i have no clue. YOU guys need to make an updated economy list because it's your economy, i can just speculate what they should be worth based on the code but based on actual game time that's where you come in.
Back to top Go down
Slade
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
Slade

Twisted Points : 18942

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 2:47 am

Logan wrote:
I really like this idea, however as i've said before i need to fix a few more things, build the player base a little before implementing a huge update like this. Also, as for the economy. I made up those prices when 0 people were on, i have no clue. YOU guys need to make an updated economy list because it's your economy, i can just speculate what they should be worth based on the code but based on actual game time that's where you come in.
So you call it "our" eco but you won't take down the price guide where is your logic?
Back to top Go down
whack
Super Donator
Super Donator
whack

Twisted Points : 18867

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 8:45 am

Not to take sides here but i think what he means is he wants us to create a price guideline for him to approve based on the current economy. now i would be glad to do this but i would need a list of the items and the quantity in the game so i can actually set a legit price. also i would be creating forums and taking community opinions about what they think every thing should be priced. when all said and done i shall update this every 10 days to keep the prices at a current price. just say the words Smile
Back to top Go down
Barrows User
Barrows User

Twisted Points : 18820

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 2:00 am

I can ensure you that this will either throw the server into a loop.
Or simply get you no where and wasted days on coding the most pointless update.

It seems as though 3, maybe 4 people want Castle Wars to be the new home to grow a better PKing aspect in the server.

Well, truth is guys, I have watched 2 people quit today.
And countless others quit, Why? Not because theres no PKing. Because the eco is absolute garbage.

If your going to sit here and tell me that the Eco is perfectly fine. You don't know a RSPS for shit. When you download a server, you log on, and see everyone wearing Torva, wielding an AGS, and you get curious to ask how much an ags is, and I say 10B.

10 Billion Coins for ONE god sword? Yeah no, I'd log out instantly. And laugh my ass off.
It makes the server look like we have absolutely no knowledge on how to create an Rsps. The Economy is Owner-Based, when the Owner doesn't even know the prices. He just wants it easy to make money. WRONG! This is EXACTLY how people fail at making servers. They create their server to be WHAT THEY WANT IT TO BE LIKE. When truth of the matter is; They won't even be playing it.

You need to create the server to your players likings. It's just like running a grocery store, I'm not going to bring in product only I enjoy, because I'm not going to buy out my store. Just like your not going to donate to yourself.

Start getting player feedback. Instead of manipulating them to THINK changing the home to PK would make the server 100% better. When it's just gunna be worse..
Back to top Go down
Barrows User
Barrows User

Twisted Points : 18820

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 2:04 am

& What I mean by throw the server in a loop is, 3 maybe 4 people tops are gunna want this PKing change.

The other 20 people are going to be PISSED that you did that. And it's going to end up being Steel Titan-Super Donator, Slade-Co owner, and logan-Owner. Against the entire community fighting over what should be changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GetTwisted - A Remake   GetTwisted - A Remake Empty

Back to top Go down

GetTwisted - A Remake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Get-Twisted317 :: Community :: Player Input-
Jump to: